Just notice, the new version of Bootstrap coming out (version 3) . So i try it out today, found some interesting changes there, hmmm..i just list down whatever i have found out about the changes and also sharing of some my thoughts here. :)
The new Bootstrap takes on a mobile first approach.unlike in the old version of Bootstrap, in the new version of Bootstrap, there is a single CSS file, and supported responsive by default.the single fluid-grid system which uses percentages over pixels and is mobile first, starting with 940-pixel width and scaling up and down.The height class is no longer necessary on modals, they also show up larger on bigger displays than the current version. Form input fields also default to 100% width, which means your forms automatically look great on mobile devices.
Also notice there are few two new components, Panels and List Groups. Panels let you encapsulate an element into a box and easily add a heading. Whereas List Groups are for creating mobile-like lists with chevrons, badges, and other mobile-like sections.
and there are some changes, i have notice (mostly rename of class name)
- Hero unit ==> typography –> Jumbotron
- Grid options change
- minor changes to typography in the new Bootstrap.The most noticeable is the use of a lighter version of Helvetica for the headings.
- things like @baseFontSize have been renamed to font-size-base.
- emphasis classes have changed a little bit
- the muted class is now called text muted
- text error class has been changed to text danger
- img-polaroid class changes to the img-thumbnail class
- icons are no longer rendered via a PNG sprite. They are now icon fonts
- Glyphicon prefix instead of the icon prefix,
- visible phone, visible tablet, visible desktop change to visible-sm ,visible-md , and visible-lg