Talk Like TED
最近读完了Talk LIKE TED，不错的一本书，以TED为例子，讲解了如何有效的进行公共演讲。这里整理了一下整本书的提纲和概要。
– Emotional – they touch the heart.（充满热情，相信你所讲的所作的事情）
– Novel – they teach something new. （学会讲故事，提出新的知识点或者新颖的观点）
– Memorable – they present content in ways you’ll never forget.（提供打动人心的时刻）
Secret #1 热情: Unleash the master within – Passion
– What are you passionate about?
– Better – What makes your heart sing?
Secret #2 讲故事: Master the art of storytelling
– stories are just data with a soul.
Secret #3 互动: Have a conversation
The 3 Ps – Passion, Practice, Presence
The 4 elements of verbal delivery are:
– Rate – speed at which you speak
– Volume – loudness or softness
– Pitch – high or low inflections
– Pauses – short pauses to punch key words
4 tips to improve the way you use your hands:
– Use gestures
– Use gestures sparingly
– Use gestures at key moments
– Keep your gestures within the power sphere
Secret #4 新颖趣味: Teach me something new
– You’ll become a more interesting person if you’re interested in learning and sharing ideas from fields that are much different from your own.
– Neuroscientists have found that only through bombarding the brain with new experiences do we force our minds to look at the world through new lens.
– Great conversations or presentations take you to ideas you’d never considered.
– The Twitter friendly headline
– be able to explain your big idea in 140 characters or less.
– Ask, what is the one thing I want my audience to know?
Secret #5 提供记忆深刻的时刻: Deliver jaw-dropping moments
– Do something shocking, unexpected and different.
5 ways to create holy smokes moments:
– Props and demos.
– Unexpected and shocking statics.
– Pictures, images and videos.
– Memorable headlines.
– Personal stories.
Secret #6 轻松与趣味性: Lighten Up
– Don’t take yourself or your topic too seriously.
– Give your audience something to smile about.
– Don’t try to be funny. Avoid telling jokes.
– 5 ways to add just the right amount of humor to your speech or presentation:
– Anecdotes, observations, and personal stories.
– Analogies and Metaphors.
Secret #7 简洁简短: Stick to the 18-minute rule
– create a twitter friendly headline.
– support the headline with three key messages.
– reinforces the three messages with stories, statics and examples.
Secret #8 突出重点: Paint a mental picture with multisensory experiences.
– One theme per slide.
– If you use PowerPoint, strive for no more than 40 words in the first 10 slides.
– Kill bullet points on most slides.
– Video gives the opportunity to engage two senses at once, visual and auditory.
– Props and demonstrations are useful multisensory tools to help the audience tangibly grasp your idea and the problem it solves.
#9 不停练习: Stay in your lane
– Be authentic, open, and transparent.
– Present your content to a different audience first – friend or spouse.
– Good speakers aren’t just lucky or talented – they work hard.